MAJOR is a Canadian-based company founded in 1884. Over the past 130-plus years, we have partnered with the mineral industry to developed the most advanced screening media to meet the changing needs and demands of our customers.
What we offer you :
- Group Benefits
- RBDP with employer's contribution
- Health Spending Account
- Flexible Measures for better work-life balance
- Monthly Healthy Snack
- Culture & values based on team work, diversity, integrity, innovation and empowerment
The person will be responsible for administering policies and procedures to promote an environment of efficiency, safety, and continuous improvement, while supporting strategic goals.
This position will be the leader of the team to ensure success and will support the achievement of strategic priorities that are assigned by the Operations and Flex-Mat Efficiency Director.
This is a position where you will be involved in business improvement and growth projects and you will also act as the second in command to the Operations and Flex-Mat Efficiency Director.
This position will be instrumental in the overall leadership and development of the manufacturing team. The Operations Manager must be able to maintain the integrity of our product, control and lead day-to-day activities and sustain positive morale.
• Oversee production planning, staffing and daily production operations to ensure profitability and accurately track and record key performance indicators
• Ensure compliance with production quality standards through inspection and testing of materials
• Learn, progressively, but in detail, the production processes as well as all functions of the plant equipment
• Create, drive the implementation and ensure compliance and adoption of standard and operating procedures
• Develop and implement strategies to achieve continuous improvement in production methods and equipment performance through programs such as 5S and Kaizen;
• Analyze data from production reports to identify opportunities for improvement, reduce waste and downtime, and improve product quality.
• Lead Production Supervisors and support their development
• Apply the collective agreement
• Maintain and develop relationships with the union
• Manage and follow up on the training of production employees
• Collaborate and supervise inter-departmental relations necessary to achieve production objectives
• Monitor key performance indicators
• Audit processes used to analyze operational effectiveness
• All other related tasks
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Experience in the manufacturing field
- 5 years or more experience in a management role with 2 or more direct reports
- Balanced skills between management, production management and project management
- Strong leadership
- Ability for analysis, problem-solving and efficient decision-making in complex environment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to build and sustain a customer-focused, people-oriented culture;
- Good knowledge of Office Suite
- Be agile with different technological tools like an ERP software (an asset).
- Fluent in French and have an intermediate level of English (written and oral);
- Permanent, full-time position, 40 hrs/week
- The Operations Manager is expected to have a flexible work schedule to ensure support and presence on the day and night shifts. The person in the position will have to autonomy to choose their working hours as long as it meets the business needs. Our operations run from Monday to Friday.
- This position requires to be on site at our Candiac location.